- This event has passed.
Global Leakage Summit 2016
27. September 2016 @ 8:50 - 28. September 2016 @ 17:30
The 8th Global Leakage Summit 2016 is the world’s leading conference for driving down water leakage. The conference delivers essential technical and practical information to the global water industry. The conference bring together multiple stakeholders for two days worth of detailed discussions and debate, attendees can look forward to an exchange on the most topical issues facing the industry today.
Among multiple speakers one of the Leakman partners will be present. HOFOR gives a presentation during the afternoon on the first day of the conference about a Global Restructuring Model For Water Utilities.
Some of the key issues to be discussed on the conference are:
- Background Losses. Will new studies on the ratio of background (company) losses to plumbing (customer) losses justify the need for more AMI – Advanced Metering Infrastructure?
- Handling ‘Big’ Data. There is a wealth of sensor data available from multiple sites across the network. But are companies coordinating, analysing and using these data to identify and fix leaks more quickly?
- Customer Expectations. Customers don’t like to see visible leaks – and they expect the company to fix leaks in minutes not days – can companies make better use of the wealth of data available to reduce repair times?
- Knowledge Management. Better Information Management (BIM4Water) is rapidly moving to the forefront of the water industry. The concept of BIM – an information model mapping the asset data and with supporting data for asset interoperability – has been around for some time, but is still not widely understood.
- Challenges to Security of Supply. Meeting demand from external influences: extremes of climate, scarce water regions, local cultural, social and political influences, and increased demand from population migration.
Want to see the website: http://www.global-leakage-summit-2016.com
Want to see the program: 2016 Global Leakage Summit Brochure